1. Claims of Copyright Infringement
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under United States copyright law. If You believe in good faith that materials hosted by Discovery Grid infringe your copyright (for example, materials posted by Discovery Grid), You (or Your agent) may send Discovery Grid a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Discovery Grid Site or in Discovery Grid Services are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Discovery Grid to locate the material on the Discovery Grid Sites and in the Discovery Grid Services;
- the name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if available) of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If You believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed by Discovery Grid against you, the DMCA permits You to send Discovery Grid a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Discovery Grid Sites should be sent to Discovery Grid's Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement at:
Subject: DMCA notification – Discovery Grid
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company's Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be contacted only for the purposes set forth in this Section 1.
ALL OTHER INQUIRIES DIRECTED TO THE DISCOVERY GRID COPYRIGHT AGENT WILL NOT BE ANSWERED